The FM market is buoyant, but many of the newest technological developments are still theoretical, our 2018 Facilities Management Software Survey has found.
Leading FM software provider Service Works Global, in partnership with UK FM news journal FMJ, conducted a survey across the UK earlier this year. The purpose of the survey was to ascertain how the industry is growing, what key trends are emerging and how FMs are using technology. FM professionals from a wide industry cross-section participated to give their views, from areas such as maintenance, compliance, property and space management.
- 77% of respondents reporting using CAFM software to manage their facilities
- System integration is becoming more commonplace, with 72% reporting linking at least one other system with their CAFM software
- Use of mobile is still strong, with 70% using PDAs and more planning to do so in the future
- Only 5% feel robotics and AI will be implemented in their organisation in the next 12 months
- Data and system security is gaining more focus as FMs look towards increasing their use of the internet of things (IoT)
A summary of the findings can be seen below and the full report can be requested here.