While more of us are re-engaging with face-to-face meetings and networking once again, remote communication still has its place. Disruption caused by lockdowns and social distancing affected myriad plans but where implementing IWMS is concerned, there are plenty of options to make sure the software is up and running as soon as possible, regardless of location.
Ahead of the game
When choosing a software vendor, be sure to ask about their prior experience in installing the system. Do they usually install on site in person? Or are they familiar with remote installations, even prior to Covid? At SWG, we’ve been remotely and securely installing QFM software for our clients for several years, meaning that social distancing and lockdowns have not impeded delivery of our essential IWMS software. We take a partnership approach with our clients – a project manager is assigned to make the implementation process easy, from initial discussion of requirements through to the creation of a project plan and regular updates throughout the system implementation.
Implementation support for QFM facilities management and space management software includes:
- Requirements analysis: enables accurate mapping of your business processes against our software’s functional capabilities, including technical and user requirements
- Project planning: allows project scope, objectives and resources to be agreed and key software implementation milestones defined
- Software configuration and customisation: ensures that QFM software is tailored to meet your organisation’s specific business goals
- Data mapping: understanding what data needs collecting, and working with clients to clean and structure existing data ready for import into QFM
- Testing: pre-go live and user acceptance testing (UAT) ensures a smooth software roll-out
- Implementation: either remote or on-site implementation, combined with detailed migration plans, ensure business continuity for your organisation
- Integration: we can work with you to ensure that our software interfaces with your existing systems to provide a seamless, enterprise-wide solution
- Training: a variety of training options to ensure effective user adoption of the new system, including remote, web based training for geographically dispersed employees.
Remote installation removes physical barriers and can also remove an element of time constraint. At SWG, we use the flexibility afforded by our infrastructure to support our clients online and remotely in any time zone, or outside of standard business hours should a project require it. And, for when QFM software is live and running, clients can use our online support portal to access FAQs, knowledge articles and ask questions.
Whether the IWMS is hosted on premise or in the cloud via the vendor, remote installation should be an option for both. However, cloud hosting provides additional peace of mind. For example, SWG offers hosting via Azure, in which Microsoft has invested billions to ensure security against cyberattacks. This means the data within QFM remains safe and compliant, with no disruption to software performance. Furthermore, cloud and SaaS options allow future software upgrades to be managed by the vendor, allowing clients to focus on their core business while benefiting from the latest IWMS features. And of course, look for IWMS provider has appropriate certifications to prove their ability – for example ISO 9001 for quality management systems and ISO 27001 for information security management.
For more information about remote IWMS installation, or how SWG’s cloud hosting options can keep your IWMS software secure from cyber threats, contact us here.
Keep up to date on the latest industry and technology developments: sign up to receive SWG’s blog delivered straight to your inbox: