This white paper reviews the results from the 2012 Annual UK Computer-Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) survey, the first of its kind, carried out by Service Works in partnership with the award-winning news and research service i-fm.net and supported by the UK’s Facilities Management Association (now known as the Building Futures Group). It provides detailed insight into Facilities Managers’ needs and experiences with CAFM systems.
Collating the feedback from over 450+ facilities professionals across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, the white paper identifies an accurate picture of the use of CAFM technology across the UK FM industry and how this is likely to develop in the future. It provides detailed insights into how organisations use CAFM systems, what they consider the key benefits to be and how CAFM fits into their FM strategy.
Highlights from the findings include:
- The CAFM market is maturing, with smaller organisations now also adopting CAFM technology, especially those with multiple sites to manage
- There is an increasing uptake of cloud-based hosting solutions, allowing organisations to minimise capital expenditure and infrastructure costs
- Integration into other systems is common place and therefore system interoperability is an essential requirement
- CAFM has enabled 81% of organisations to save money
- CAFM has made the facilities management service of 91% of businesses more efficient
For your complimentary copy of the white paper, please click here.