FM software: from selection to implementation
For the majority of organizations, an FM software system is implemented to improve both customer service and management information. An application with comprehensive reporting and planning capabilities makes it easier to formulate decisions and facilities management strategies, resulting in increased productivity, profitability and efficiency. This white paper has been designed to provide a comprehensive guide to planning and successfully implementing FM software whether implementing software for the first time or replacing an existing CAFM / IWMS application.
The white paper, Best Practice for Successful FM Software Implementation, considers the end to end process from selection to implementation through to post-sales support, and has been updated to reflect the technological and legal changes occurring in 2016 and beyond. Detailed advice and guidance is provided for each stage of the software lifecycle, covering areas including:
- Reviewing the market and selecting a system
- Developing a successful implementation plan
- Building an effective project team
- Managing the FM software supplier
- Data review, system design and set-up, including defining bespoke customizations, reporting requirements and managing system security
- Integration with third party systems, including BIM software
- User acceptance testing
- Going live with a new FM software system
- Post-sales support and training
Recent technology innovations and trends, including the use of tablets and smart phones, BYOD (bring your own device) and QR codes are discussed and the benefits that they can offer Facilities Managers. The white paper also considers the capability for FM software to integrate with Building Management Systems and BIM (Building Information Modeling) technology to aid the management of the built environment.
To receive our complimentary white paper, fill in the form today.